Re: [Exim] geographically diverse mail servers, all the same…

Startseite
Nachricht löschen
Nachricht beantworten
Autor: Alexander Koch
To: exim-users
Betreff: Re: [Exim] geographically diverse mail servers, all the same domain
On Thu, 21 November 2002 18:00:48 +0100, Martijn Grendelman wrote:
> > a) Like UUCP, we are MX for the domain, it's not in
> > local_domains, we have a router for it that will happily
> > forward the rest of it all, but then what?
> >
> > b) mail domain is in local_domains, we have an alias file
> > for it, and then we need to forward the rest of the mail
> > domain to some other server.
>
> I'll tell you our solution. First off, let me tell you we use Sendmail, not
> Exim, but this should be doable in Exim as well. The MX for the domain
> points to the Sendmail host. On it resides a file with local parts that need
> to be handled by Exchange. This is because the number of addresses handled
> by the Sendmail box is bigger, but it could easily be switched of course.
> Matching local parts are routed to the nearest Exchange server. In Exim, you
> would use the manualroute driver:
>
> smart_route:
> driver = manualroute
> route_list = * your.exchange.server
> transport = remote_smtp
>
> Of course, you'd have to add a condition to match the local part to the
> file, but I can't write that off the top of my head.

Please confirm I should have this router, i.e., the domain
is not in the $local_domains, handle it and condition it on
the local parts with some funny lookups. I do not really
know where to start.

Is not there something that makes routers reference directors?
Anyone? All the Exchange servers know our email addresses, this
is all done, no problem at all. I just need to route everything
off my box which does not match.

Still clueless, sort of.

Regards,
Alexander

--
Alexander Koch <koch@???> / ako4-ripe
Network Engineer, Tiscali International Network