Re: [Exim] Runaway exim with zombie children

Página superior
Eliminar este mensaje
Autor: Greg Ward
A: exim-users
Asunto: Re: [Exim] Runaway exim with zombie children
On 21 November 2002, Philip Hazel said:
> I don't suppose you thought of attaching a trace to it before killing
> it, to find out where it was in the code?

Alas, no -- I was in putting-out-fire-mode and didn't think to do more
detailed analysis. Turns out it wasn't a very big fire, and I could
have spared a few minutes to dig into it. Oops!

> If this happens again, that
> would provide useful information. The fact that it is the main delivery
> process that is in a mess, and is not responding to SIGUSR1, suggests
> that it is in some kind of system call, but that is only a guess. The
> call is likely to be waitpid().

OK, I'll keep an eye on things. No clue how to trigger it again though.

        Greg
--
Greg Ward <gward@???>                         http://www.gerg.ca/
I'd rather have a bottle in front of me than have to have a frontal lobotomy.