[Exim] error_message condition and some offtopic questions.

Página superior
Eliminar este mensaje
Autor: Alexei V. Alexandrov
A: exim-users
Asunto: [Exim] error_message condition and some offtopic questions.
Hello everyone,

I`m currently have to write a mailing list software for my company.
But i faced some problems with bounces. Each of our mailserver runs
Exim 3.x so i want to direct these questions to the list - they maybe
off the topic, but i don`t have any source where i can get answers,
please excuse me in advance. So the major promblem is that we can`t
use mailing software like mailman, majordomo and other because we
need much customization. The main part that deals with sending mail
is written and works perfect, but i need to detect bouncing addresses,
so that next time we send email to the list bouncing addresses will be
ignored. I grabbed bounce parsing code from majordomo ver. 2 the code
seems ok, but i wanted to know if it is possible to use just VERP and
error_message condition in Exim filter, so that i will be able to
detect a bounce in the following way:

 if error_message and $h_to: mathces "^.*-owner-(.*)\=(\.*)\@mydomain"
 then
     pipe /path/to/some/command --is_bouncing $1@$2
 endif

When i send message to a person i add a Return-Path in VERP manner
(like "Return-Path: list-owner-user=domain.com@???"), so
that the MTA on the other end will be able to send error message to
this address. I wanted to know if it is 100% safe in detecting bounce
messages or should i examine each message that is returning back and
check if it is a bounce or not?

Please excuse me again if this is offtopic.

---
Best regards,
Alexei V. Alexandrov.