[Exim] Still problems

Author: Sebastian Lemke
To: exim-users
Subject: [Exim] Still problems
Hi @all,

unfortunatly I have still problems with exim.

I have the following config:

### routers ###
virtual_mysql_accept:
    driver = accept
    condition = ${lookup mysql{ SELECT username FROM virtual \
        WHERE username='${local_part}' }}
    transport = local_delivery_cyrus

virtual_mysql:
    # mapping user1@??? to cyrus-mailboxname user1.domain.com
    driver = redirect
    allow_fail
    allow_defer
    data = ${lookup mysql{ SELECT username FROM virtual WHERE
alias='${local_pa
    file_transport = address_file
    pipe_transport = address_pipe
    reply_transport = address_reply

# for handling 'unknown-user@???'
virtual_mysql2:
        WHERE alias='@${domain}' }}
    file_transport = address_file
    pipe_transport = address_pipe
    reply_transport = address_reply

### transports ###

local_delivery_cyrus:
    driver = pipe
    command = /usr/cyrus/bin/deliver \
              -m ${substr_1:$local_part_suffix} -- $local_part
    user = cyrus
    group = mail
    return_output
    log_output
    message_prefix =
    message_suffix =

Normal delivery works.
At first - I do not believe that the order of the routers (accept,
redirect, redirect) is correct. When I put "virtual_mysql_accept" after
"virtual_mysql2" the mail delivery does not work correctly - sometimes
the mail goes to the "default" mailbox instead of the real existing.

Another thing is when cyrus does not accept the mail for delivery - the
mail is already "redirected" and in my bounce the following address is
presented:

####START####

user.domain.tld@???
(generated from user@???)
local delivery failed

The following text was generated during the delivery attempt:

------ user.domain.tld@???
(generated from user@???) ------

I believe this is not correct ? (user.domain.tld@??? instead of

Regards,