Re: [Exim] post processing possible?

Top Pagina
Auteur: Wayne Sheppard
Aan: exim-users
Onderwerp: Re: [Exim] post processing possible?
This is a cryptographically signed message in MIME format.
--
Thanks for the response, but let me be more clear. Our goal is this:
1. Only mail that passes a user's .forward filter rules is saved.

Currently in user's .forward file we may have:

# Exim filter
if $header_subject: contains "keepme" then unseen save
/var/spool/mail/$local_part endif
if $header_subject: contains "keepme" then pipe "/usr/bin/client
$local_part" endif
# Message Subject Contains: keepme
seen finish

So what I thought would happen is:
1. save mail ('save /var/spool/mail/$local_part')
2. alert external process that this user has mail waiting (pipe
/usr/bin/client/$local_part)

I now understand that this isn't the case, and I can say what I want in
the .forward file, the mail doesn't get saved to disk until further
downstream. This means that certain email (with large attachments for
instance) aren't there when the "client" program tries to retrieve them.

So I'm trying to figure out exactly where in the Exim flow we should
pipe/exec the client program that a mail is waiting for user 'X'. Given
that I'm as thick as two short planks, examples are a beautiful thing.

Maybe this isn't even a good idea to try to do with Exim, in which case
any feedback on simple alternatives would be welcome.

I don't want to resort to a polling sort of thing unless there is no
other way to reliably accomplish this goal.

Thanks again, I appreciate the assistance.
Wayne

--
Cheers,

Wayne Sheppard
720-849-9980
CTO
Corybant, Inc.
www.corybant.com
"Go for a hike, and stay in the loop!"
..Iveena
www.Iveena.com

--

[ smime.p7s of type application/x-pkcs7-signature deleted ]