Re: [Exim] Opinions sought: byname vs bydns for manualroute

Startseite
Nachricht löschen
Nachricht beantworten
Autor: Dean Brooks
To: Philip Hazel
CC: exim-users
Betreff: Re: [Exim] Opinions sought: byname vs bydns for manualroute
On Tue, Nov 19, 2002 at 10:32:34AM +0000, Philip Hazel wrote:

> So, the question is: Should the default for manualroute be changed from
> byname to bydns? This would be an incompatible change. It would cause
> problems for any configuration that relies on the default to look up
> hosts in local sources such as /etc/hosts. On the other hand, it would
> avoid the problem described above. It would also mean that all routers
> and transports use the DNS by default, which is a consistency that I
> should have thought about, but didn't.

According to the spec, the route_list option on manualroute router
contains a host list. In section 10.9, the spec indicates that host
lists specifically use gethostbyname(). Would this proposed change
affect host lists in general?

It wouldn't necessarily affect my own configuration, but just happened
to notice that.

Wasn't sure if this was a generic host-list problem or something
specific to manualroute.

Regards,

Dean Brooks
dean@???