Re: [Exim] confused with ETRN y

Autor: David Woodhouse
A: exim-users
CC: Steve Foster
Assumpte: Re: [Exim] confused with ETRN y
ph10@??? said:
> Neither do I, but what I meant by "keep queues of mail on a per-host
> basis" was that in an MTA designed for this, it would already know
> which message/address is destined for which dial-in host, and wouldn't
> have to go through all that logic.

But in theory there's a one-to-many relationship between mail messages on
the queue and hosts to which you might want to send those messages.

You may get a TURN request from a machine which isn't the _primary_ MX for
a domain, but which is a higher priority than yourself for that domain, so
you have some messages you could send to it.

But then again, you're probably right in your implicit assumption that you'd
only really want it for something like dialup hosts where that kind of
thing doesn't matter and it'd only be the final destination which attempts
to use TURN.

Anyway, we digress :)

--
dwmw2