[Exim] Option to limit lifetime of Exim son processes?

Autor: Ralf G. R. Bergs
A: exim-users ML
Assumpte: [Exim] Option to limit lifetime of Exim son processes?
Hi there,

I'm still seeing Exim processes that run for half an hour or even longer. Note
that my personal mail server is not a large mail hub that receives mail from
servers around the work, but it only receives mail from two mail servers that
are the MX for my host. I have a leased line to the internet, the mail servers
are only a few hops away in the same organization I'm in.

The only thing I can think of what could be going wrong is that the calls to
SpamAssassin during SMTP time take that long. I've already removed the Razor
calls from SpamAssassin because I suspected them and I don't see great benefit
from Razor (V1), but this didn't help. My DNS system is "sane," i.e. DNS calls
don't take more than a fraction of a second.

Anyway, to make a long story short, I thought "smtp_receive_timeout = 1m"
might help, but it didn't. :-(

Is there any option (I don't think so) that would allow me to set a maximum
lifetime for Exim son processes? And if processes haven't died after that time
Exim would automatically kill them? Do you think that such an option would be
useful in case it's not already there?

Thanks,

Ralf

--