Re: [EXIM] How to add date&time to the subject ?

Autor: Clive Goodhead
A: exim-users
Assumpte: Re: [EXIM] How to add date&time to the subject ?
> Hi,
>
> but I need for furter analyzis the date AND time in a spec. format in
> the subject.
> General:
> How to add a variable string to a subject of a mail ?
> (the string if different to each mail.)

<SNIP>

> > does nobbody knows nor have any edea how to add the date & time into
> the
> > subject of an incomming mail ?

Yes, this can be done, but because it is not the normal function of an
MTA it is "non-standard". Dr Hazel wrote Exim with considerable flexibility
and you can do almost anything you wish (if you must) to a message using
a local_scan() function. The exim variables and functions for accessing and
adding headers are made available to the local_scan() function; you just
need to write the C, Perl, Python, etc. to make it do what you wish - from
the response you have had so far I doubt you will get much help on this
list with the coding though!

Clive Goodhead