Re: [Exim] System Filter weirdness

Top Pagina
Auteur: Odhiambo G. Washington
Aan: exim-users
Onderwerp: Re: [Exim] System Filter weirdness
* Philip Hazel <ph10@???> [20021116 19:46]: wrote:
> On Sat, 16 Nov 2002, Odhiambo G. Washington wrote:
>
> > I am trying to deliver mail using the system filter using this rule:
> >
> > if first_delivery and $header_to: is "topdog@???"
> >  then
> >     unseen deliver underdog@???
> > endif

> > When I send an e-mail and check on underdog's delivery location I see
> > something weird - Envelope-to: system-filter
>
> That is correct. The value of Envelope-to: is the mail address in the
> incoming message's envelope that provoked this delivery. In your
> example, none of the incoming addresses provoked this delivery; it was
> the system filter that caused it.

I've realized where my problem lies. The filter actually works fine. The
address underdog@??? has a forwarding to bigmailbox@???,
like several other accounts on this virtual domain. My concern was that
the final MTA that get's this mail would not know how to deliver it when
it's found in this common bigmailbox (DomainPOP).

I have removed the forwarding and now it seems fine.

Thank you all.

-Wash

--
Odhiambo Washington   <wash@???>  "The box said 'Requires