Re: [Exim] System Filter weirdness

Autor: Odhiambo G. Washington
A: exim-users
Assumpte: Re: [Exim] System Filter weirdness
* Philip Hazel <ph10@???> [20021116 19:46]: wrote:
> On Sat, 16 Nov 2002, Odhiambo G. Washington wrote:
>
> > I am trying to deliver mail using the system filter using this rule:
> >
> > if first_delivery and $header_to: is "topdog@???"
> >  then
> >     unseen deliver underdog@???
> > endif

> > When I send an e-mail and check on underdog's delivery location I see
> > something weird - Envelope-to: system-filter
>
> That is correct. The value of Envelope-to: is the mail address in the
> incoming message's envelope that provoked this delivery. In your
> example, none of the incoming addresses provoked this delivery; it was
> the system filter that caused it.

I was doing some masking of the addresses so that spammers don't celebrate
and I forgot to change crown@ to topdog@ in the headers I posted.
I wonder if that makes difference to the scenario.

-Wash

--
Odhiambo Washington   <wash@???>  "The box said 'Requires
Wananchi Online Ltd.  www.wananchi.com      Windows 95, NT, or better,'

One good reason why computers can do more work than people is that they
never have to stop and answer the phone.