[Exim] exim v4.10 - redirect mail to unkonwn users to the po…

Top Pagina
Auteur: Juergen Edner
Aan: exim-users
Onderwerp: [Exim] exim v4.10 - redirect mail to unkonwn users to the postmaster
Hi,
I want to configure Exim v4.10 to send mail to unknown users
to the postmaster instead of bouncing it back to the sender.
Therefor I modified the lsearch command, as described in the
FAQ file, in the system_aliases router to "lsearch*" and
added an "*"-entry to the /etc/aliases file.

Now I wonder why Exim cannot deliver the mail correctly if
the following aliases has been set in /etc/aliases :

    postmaster:    root
    root:        tom
    *:        postmaster

This is the log entry which is being created:

    LOG: MAIN
      ** postmaster@??? (tom@???,
           root@???, postmaster@???)
           <otto@???> F=<>: Unrouteable address
    LOG: MAIN
      Frozen (delivery error message)

If I reduce the alias mappings by one, it works without any
problem. The /etc/aliases file than looks as followed:

    postmaster:    root
    root:        tom
    *:        root

I search the web for some more information about this feature
and read every documentation I could find, but without success.

Does anyone has an idea why it doesn't work if it is being
configured like example one, and works if it looks like
example 2?
Is it possible to set the maximum number of aliases to
process before an address is being flaged as "unrouteable
address"?

Regards Jürgen
--
Mail: juergen.edner@???