Re: [Exim] confused with ETRN

Startseite
Nachricht löschen
Nachricht beantworten
Autor: Steve Foster
To: Nico Erfurth
CC: exim-users
Betreff: Re: [Exim] confused with ETRN
At 13:31 14/11/02 +0100, Nico Erfurth wrote:

>The message is just routed, as every other message.
>If you want to deliver to a special host, that's not the primary-mx, or
>you want to sent to the host that does send the ETRN, you will have to
>do some scripting work (using etrn_command) and add a manual-router.

Hi there, no i just want to trigger delivery to the primary-mx , the
problem is that i have multiple
MX servers for resiliency, my customers normally use finger to connect to a
finger daemon running on my hosts, this then runs an ETRN on all 3 of my
hosts to trigger the delivery....
what i would like to do is do a cascaded ETRN so that customers can use
ETRN to trigger delivery on one host and this ETRN is cascaded to the other
2 hosts, i assume something along the lines of the following would be
sufficient..

smtp_etrn_command = /usr/local/bin/mxfinger $domain

my mxfinger command would then cascade the delivery request to the other
hosts , as well as itself..

does this seem acceptable..

Steve
Steve Foster