Re: [Exim] Exim4 + SpamAssassin

Startseite
Nachricht löschen
Nachricht beantworten
Autor: Martijn Grendelman
To: exim-users
Betreff: Re: [Exim] Exim4 + SpamAssassin
> Martijn Grendelman wrote:
>
> > Now I was thinking: wouldn't it be easier to just use transport_filter

on
> > existing transports? I guess I must be missing something. Please

enlighten
> > me :-)
> >
> > local_delivery:
> > driver = appendfile
> > delivery_date_add
> > envelope_to_add
> > file = /var/mail/$local_part
> > return_path_add
> > transport_filter = /usr/bin/spamc
> >
> > Would this work?
> >
> Yes, this does work. It won't let you make any routing decisions based on

the SA
> results, though, for obvious reasons.

Obvious indeed, but I don't need that. I just want spam messages tagged by
SA, sending the spam to the bitbucket or not is a client responsibility IMO.

There's one more thing I was wondering about. The transport solution that
I've seen suggested usually contains "use_bsmtp = true" option. I quote
dman: "This pipes the message to exim using the BSMTP (batched SMTP)
protocol. This avoids any nasties with shell metacharacters in addresses".
Is this something I have to worry about? I really don't want to enable that
option for my local_delivery transport ;-)

Best regards,
Martijn.