Re: [Exim] Spam Assassin vs. Bogofilter

Autor: Matthew Byng-Maddick
A: exim-users
Assumpte: Re: [Exim] Spam Assassin vs. Bogofilter
On Thu, Nov 14, 2002 at 04:25:12PM +0000, James Thorne wrote:
> I am looking into integrating a spam filter with Exim. I was mainly
> looking at Spam Assassin, but a colleague gave me a magazine article
> which mentioned Bogofilter (http://www.tuxedo.org/~esr/bogofilter/). I
> was wondering if anybody on the list has used or tried this software
> with Exim. If so, do you know how well it compares with others, e.g.
> Spam Assassin?

Personally, given the horror that is fetchmail, and having seen ESR talk
about it, I'd be inclined to go for spam assassin, on the grounds that I
don't believe that ESR is nearly careful enough when it comes to handling
mail. (Fetchmail has many many ways of dropping the mail before ensuring
reliable delivery :-( ). I also was under the impression that ESR wrote
some of the dreadful mail delivery code for mailman, which appears to have
all sorts of interesting failure modes.

MBM