Re: [Exim] Reject question

Author: Nigel Metheringham
To: exim-users
Subject: Re: [Exim] Reject question
On Thu, 2002-11-14 at 15:03, Joe Gofton wrote:
> Is there an easy way to reject email to certain users? I have 1 user that
> I don't want to accept mail for but he needs an account on my box. I want
> to emails to him to bounce.

You don't give the version of exim you are using.

However in the case of both exim3 & exim4, the easiest way to do this
for a specific known user is to put an alias for them in the system
alias file:-

    fred:    :fail: Fred does not get mail

See the aliasfile director documentation for exim3 or the redirect
router for exim4 for details.

You need the allow_fail option set on the director/router responsible.

    Nigel.