Re: [Exim] [Updated Patch] Make domain-part of message-id co…

Góra strony
Autor: Philip Hazel
Dla: Andreas Metzler
CC: exim-users
Temat: Re: [Exim] [Updated Patch] Make domain-part of message-id configurable.
On Mon, 11 Nov 2002, Andreas Metzler wrote:

> > I'd feel more comfortable deferring a message if the expanded value of
> > message_id_header_domain contains illegal characters.
>
> Hello,
> That is what message_id_header_text does, too (although it accepts
> more characters). And changing it to deferral is probably to involved
> for me - I am not familiar enough with exim's code and actually don't
> plan to become it.

The message-id header is generated while a message is being received. It
is done if the message doesn't already have one - in other words, Exim
is doing a "fix up" of a slightly broken message. Because the message
hasn't actually been received at this time, it would be difficult to
defer it, especially as there is no subsequent mechanism for changing
the generated header line.

The only alternative to munging the text would be to reject the message.
This seems to me to too harsh.