Re: [Exim] mailqueue auto-deletion

Autor: Nigel Metheringham
A: Hendrik
CC: exim-users
Assumpte: Re: [Exim] mailqueue auto-deletion
On Mon, 2002-11-11 at 11:12, Hendrik wrote:
> is it possible to configure Exim in a way, so that all emails in queue
> older than 24hs get deleted automatically?

Set the retry parameters so that it gives up on delivery attempts after
24 hours. Then a bounce will be generated, and the message struck from
the queue.

Retry rules are documented in the spec, and can be tailored for specific
recipient (domains) etc.

A basic retry rule with a 24 hour cut off might looke like

* * F2h,15m; 24h,1h

meaning try every 15 mninutes for 2 hours, then hourly up to 24.

    Nigel.