Re: [Exim] exim3 RBLs and temporary error

Startseite
Nachricht löschen
Nachricht beantworten
Autor: James P. Roberts
To: exim-users
Betreff: Re: [Exim] exim3 RBLs and temporary error
>Is it possible with exim3 to reject a mails with a temporary error
instead of
>a permanent one if a RBL matches?
>This could be used for "to many invalid recipients from your IP" or so

like
>yahoo does.
>

>thank you
>Rene
>
>- --
>mit freundlichen Grüßen
>Rene Schumann

I don't know about Exim 3, but in Exim 4 you could use something like
this in an ACL:

 deny    message = host in DNS blocking list or DNS data not available
          dnslists = +defer_unknown:relays.ordb.org:relays.osirusoft.com

By the way, if any experts out there have opinions on why I might be
doing this wrong, or could be doing it better, please let me know so I
can fix it. I did have one person call to complain their email to me
bounced with that message, even though they are not in the RBLs, which
implies a DNS timeout for that particular email, right? (Other mails
from same sender come through fine). My intent was not to bounce the
mail, but to do a temporary reject, to permit the sending MTA to retry,
hopefully without having to bother the original sender. Any thoughts?

Jim Roberts
Punster Productions, Inc.