[Exim] Re: "neither action flags nor mail addresses given"?

Autor: Stefan Bellon
A: exim-users
Assumpte: [Exim] Re: "neither action flags nor mail addresses given"?
Philip Hazel wrote:
> On Thu, 7 Nov 2002, Stefan Bellon wrote:

[snip]

> >    "neither action flags nor mail addresses given"

> That occurs when the command line for Exim doesn't tell it to do
> anything. In your line, you are suppying a sender address as %F and a
> recipient address as %T. If one (or both) of those is actually empty,
> you'll end up with a command line that says to Exim "send a message
> to ... " without saying who the recipient is. So you haven't given it
> any recipients, nor have you given it a flag to do anything else
> (e.g. list the queue).

Thanks for the very clear explanation.

> I suspect this isn't an evil spam message, but just a bounce message
> with an empty sender.

No, it actually was SPAM with this From address (or similar to that
one, fetchmail logged it crippled because of the escape sequences and
spaces, so I have to restore and guess some parts):

<C:\Documents and Settings\User\My Documents\Super Server\Mailings
from Reply To\bride_from.txt@???>

> Try replacing %F with '<%F>' so that a bounce sender ends up as <>.

Thanks, I was hoping for such an easy solution. :-)

--
Stefan Bellon * <mailto:sbellon@sbellon.de> * <http://www.sbellon.de/>
PGP 2 and OpenPGP keys available from my home page

A: Top posters.