Re: [Exim] Re: Exim-users digest, Vol 2 #1189 - 21 msgs

Startseite
Nachricht löschen
Nachricht beantworten
Autor: Sheldon Hearn
To: Andy Mell
CC: exim-users
Betreff: Re: [Exim] Re: Exim-users digest, Vol 2 #1189 - 21 msgs
On (2002/11/07 10:52), Andy Mell wrote:

> --On 07 November 2002 10:36 +0000 exim-users-request@??? wrote:
>
> >>(a) '-D' files never get erased
> >>(b) '-H' files don't get written; instead multi character gob-el-d-y-goop
> >>    names with lots of control characters get written in the spool
> >>    directory - these files contain what appears to be the message-ID.

> >Looks suspiciously like some kind of memory overwriting problem.
>
> I have to say I am getting deja vu here... Sounds very similar to my
> problem apart from the control characters.

For what it's worth, I've seen this once in a year's worth of operation.
It happened on a FreeBSD 4.6-STABLE box torward the beginning of this
year, and was the result of a SoftUpdates inconsistency -- nothing to do
with Exim.

Exim choked on these goblins until I fsck'd the spool filesystem.

Ciao,
Sheldon.