Re: [Exim] Exim 4.10 + exiscan-15 problem

Author: Tom Kistner
To: Andy Mell
CC: exim-users
Subject: Re: [Exim] Exim 4.10 + exiscan-15 problem
Andy Mell wrote:

> I would obviously, be very interested in the result of your tests. This
> sounds
> like a problem we should definately be getting to the bottom of.

Indeed. It would be interesting to know if exim/exiscan always crashes
when receiving specific mails, or if it bombs when load on the machine
is high.

Since the sending host gets a timeout after sending its DATA, it will
re-try to send the message after a short time. If you always get
sequences of equally-sized stale -D files in the queue, it looks like
the former problem occurs. If the mails make it through after one or
more retries, the latter reason would apply.

Can you try to use a different scanner to see if the problem goes away
then ?

regards,

/tom

--