Re: [Exim] filtering options

Autor: Nico Erfurth
A: tsh
CC: exim-users
Assumpte: Re: [Exim] filtering options
tsh@??? wrote:
> Thanks Peter and Nico for getting me sorted with per-user
> filtering. A couple more questions:
>
> 1. Is it possible to flag a message with, say, an X-header
>    to indicate that it would have failed the filter,
>    but not to actually fail it? So that users have an option
>    to see what would have happened had their filtering been
>    carried out, before it's turned on for real.

You can't add headers in user filters, but you could try to trick it
inside of the router.

user_forward_router:
...all your usual stuff here...
headers_add = ${if >{$n0}{0}{X-Filter-Failed: $n0}{}}

and use
"add 1 to n0"
in your filter, whenever you want to add the header.

I'm not sure if this works, but you should try it ;)

> 2. The spec says that the default max length of $message_body
>    is 500 chars. Is this usually enough to contain most spam keywords?
>    Would one want to make it much longer to look for viruses?
>    Is that a bad idea anyway?

For spam-scanning you should use something more advanced, like spamassasin.

ciao