Re: [Exim] Exim 4.10 + exiscan-15 problem

Author: Sheldon Hearn
To: Tom Kistner
CC: exim-users
Subject: Re: [Exim] Exim 4.10 + exiscan-15 problem
On (2002/11/06 09:22), Tom Kistner wrote:

> 20000 messages should not be a problem. I have heard of people having
> larger volumes with exiscan. However, those are all using daemon scanner
> types (which is a lot faster).

As a data point, my staff mail server handles over 60,000 messages a
day, and it's using exiscan for a daemon AV scanner, the regexp scanner
and also the painfully slow spamd scanner (over 3 seconds per message).

I'm not seeing the problem, unless my find_exim_bogons script is broken
with exim4:

#!/bin/sh
#
# Find orphaned data spool files, which have no corresponding envelope
# files.
#
# Requires a POSIX shell.
#
# Not recommended on hosts with very large Exim queues.
#
spool=/var/spool/exim/input

for i in `find ${spool} -name '*-D'`; do
    dir=${i%/*}
    fnm=${i##*/}
    mid=${fnm%-D}

    if [ ! -e ${dir}/${mid}-H ]; then
        # Confirm that the envelope file still exists to close a
        # race condition that could result in false hits.
        #
        if [ -e ${dir}/${mid}-D ]; then
            echo $mid
        fi