Re: [Exim] Getting the local_part from a postgres DB

トップ ページ
このメッセージを削除
このメッセージに返信
著者: Nico Erfurth
To: Luke Pascoe
CC: Exim-users
題目: Re: [Exim] Getting the local_part from a postgres DB
Luke Pascoe wrote:
> Hi, I'm running exim and cyrus-imap on a debian woody system. This morning I
> managed to get cyrus to authenticate via PAM from a postgres database. This
> means not all users recieving mail will have an entry in /etc/passwd any
> more.
>
> So what I need to do is get exim to ask the DB for it's list of valid local
> users.
>
> Two questions:
> 1) Does the debian exim package have the required postgres stuff compiled
> in?

Nope, the debian-packages ships only with default compile-settings.

> 2) What configuration changes do I need to achieve this?

You need either the source-package and compile it yourself (exim 4.10
prefered) or you must fiddle with the debian-source package to build
your own one. In both cases you have to enable LOOKUP_PGSQL in your
Local/Makefile and recompile exim.

> So far I've tried many things and failed completely.
> Adding a 'pgsql_servers' line to the config seems to cause an error, hence
> question 1.
> I have no idea what or how to change the config to alter where it gets its
> valid users from, the help doesn't seem to mention it at all :-/

See the general help about string expansion and lookups, the
documentation does not explain everything for every lookup-type ;)

ciao