[Exim] Getting the local_part from a postgres DB

Author: Luke Pascoe
To: Exim-users
Subject: [Exim] Getting the local_part from a postgres DB
Hi, I'm running exim and cyrus-imap on a debian woody system. This morning I
managed to get cyrus to authenticate via PAM from a postgres database. This
means not all users recieving mail will have an entry in /etc/passwd any
more.

So what I need to do is get exim to ask the DB for it's list of valid local
users.

Two questions:
1) Does the debian exim package have the required postgres stuff compiled
in?
2) What configuration changes do I need to achieve this?

So far I've tried many things and failed completely.
Adding a 'pgsql_servers' line to the config seems to cause an error, hence
question 1.
I have no idea what or how to change the config to alter where it gets its
valid users from, the help doesn't seem to mention it at all :-/

TIA for help.

Luke Pascoe
Senior Developer / Systems administrator
KMG (NZ) Limited.
http://www.kmg.co.nz
Mobile: (021) 303019
Email: luke.p@???