Re: [Exim] per-user filtering

Author: Peter A. Savitch
To: Terry Horsnell
CC: exim-users
Subject: Re: [Exim] per-user filtering
Hello tsh,

tmlcau> central_filter:
tmlcau> driver = redirect
tmlcau> domains = +local_domains
tmlcau> file = /central/filters/$local_part
tmlcau> no_verify
tmlcau> allow_filter
tmlcau> allow_freeze

tmlcau> I havent yet grasped the division of labour within exim.
tmlcau> Is this code meant to be a router definition?
tmlcau> If not, where should it go? If I run a test msg through
tmlcau> exim (with exim -bh) using this code in the router section
tmlcau> of my config file, the output doesnt show any reference to it.

May be that's because -bh runs a FAKE SMTP session. It's primary goal
is to test the ACLs and address verification sequences. Your filtering
router declines from ANY address verification (no_verify set).

Do some more realistic test. You can simulate remote deliveries
using local submission and some of -oMxxxxx options.
These set various things like sender host address, etc.

Run a listening daemon on some non-SMTP (-bd -oX 30025 -d) port with
debugging enabled and see what it does with a real remote deliveries.
But You can not alter the sender host address here.

Also there is a difference between -bv and -bt testing modes.
Address verification and actual deliveries could use a completely
different set of routers, if You catch the idea. That is, verify_only
router need not to have an associated transport.

--
Best regards,
 Peter                            mailto:spam4octan@highway.ru