Re: [Exim] Don't do this....

Author: Philip Hazel
To: James Harr
CC: exim-users
Subject: Re: [Exim] Don't do this....
On Mon, 4 Nov 2002, James Harr wrote:

> For some reason, exim acts up when you upgrade mysql versions. It doesn't
> seem to happen with php, perl (DBD::mysql), or auth-daemond (courier).

Presumably, Exim is linked against the old version, and there is some
incompatibility that is causing this. I'm afraid I'm no expert on MySQL.

> What was happening was that exim was getting email fine, but the queue
> runner was crashing (sig11) on every message.

If we can find out where the crash was happening, and it was in Exim
code, I can do something about it. If it was actually happening inside
MySQL code, then obviously I can't. (I've seen a similar kind of thing
with new versions of Berkeley DB used on old files.)