Re: [Exim] regexp lookups from a file

Author: Philip Hazel
To: Tony Finch
CC: subs, exim-users
Subject: Re: [Exim] regexp lookups from a file
On Mon, 4 Nov 2002, Tony Finch wrote:

> I should probably
> turn it into a proper lookup, but I suspect Philip will get upset
> if I send him another patch :-)

Just at the moment, probably!

In Exim-speak, however, this would be a new kind of lookup because it
doesn't fit either of the patterns of the two existing kinds of lookup.
It can't be a single-key lookup, because you can't convert the data into
DBM/cdb/tdb/NIS, and it doesn't quite fit the query-style approach
either. Though I guess one could invent syntax to make it so:

${lookup regexlist{subject=xxx file=/a/b/c}}

Hmm. Perhaps it's really an extension of "matches"?

${if matchesfile{subject}{/file}{$value}....}

No, I suppose a lookup is better because you could then say

hosts = regexlist;subject=$sender_host_name file=/a/b/c