[Exim] Mysql Lookups

Author: Dave Raven
To: exim-users
Subject: [Exim] Mysql Lookups
I'm busy moving over to mysql from plain text files throughout
    my exim config; and all has been going well but I cant seem
    to figure out one problem.

    I have a relay director; which calls this transport:

mysql_trans:
driver = smtp
hosts = "mysql;SELECT ip FROM relays WHERE id='$domain';"

    However, I see this error:
2002-11-04 08:35:05 188als-000ELO-00 == dave@???
dave@??? T=mysql_trans defer (-33): failed to lookup
IP address for mysql;SELECT ip FROM relays WHERE id='raven.za.net';

    This is what I recieve if I run that command.

mysql> SELECT ip FROM relays WHERE id='raven.za.net';
+--------------+
| ip           |

+--------------+
| 192.168.0.21 |

    Should this not be working. I used to have it as
        raven.za.net: 192.168.0.21
    in my text file.

    Am I just using the wrong command, or the wrong format or ?
    I'm sure its something obvious but if someone could point
    me in the right direction please.

Thanks
Dave.