[Exim] Re: Exim Teergrubing

Author: Marc MERLIN
To: Everton da Silva Marques
CC: exim-users
Subject: [Exim] Re: Exim Teergrubing
On Fri, Nov 01, 2002 at 03:11:06PM -0300, Everton da Silva Marques wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I've read you web page about "Exim SpamAssassin at SMTP time"
> and found the Teergrubing concept.

I'll answer on the exim-users list, since this problem would be solved
outside of SA-Exim.

> We run Exim here and we get many "relay not permitted"
> daily in the log files.
> I was wondering if would be reasonable to "teergrube" a
> mail server which is stealthly trying to use us as
> mail relay. Can you tell if Exim supports this?

Exim does not support this right now.
I think the way to do that would be to modify your exim config so that it
sets a header in the RCPT acl if the sender is not permitted to relay.
After that, in local_scan, if the header is there, you do teergrubing.

You *could* do that with SA-Exim by configuring SpamAssassin to give a score
of 50 or so if that can't relay header is there.

This would be better done some other way though, but I don't think Philip
would be keen on having exim do teergrubing instead of sending a 5xx back.

Marc
Home page: http://marc.merlins.org/   |   Finger marc_f@??? for PGP key