Re: [Exim] Blacklisting dynamic IP ranges versus dyndns.org

Startseite
Nachricht löschen
Nachricht beantworten
Autor: Matthew Byng-Maddick
To: Exim User's List
Betreff: Re: [Exim] Blacklisting dynamic IP ranges versus dyndns.org
On Thu, Oct 31, 2002 at 02:22:34AM +0000, Dan Egli wrote:
> I can think of a good reason:
> TRACKABILITY! I have a DynDns address (as you can see from my return email
> address), and I relay a lot of mail through Exim on this box. The reason I

This logic is great until I realise that my mail server won't trust you
due to the fact that you're coming from a different IP address each time,
so it's assuming that multiple different MTAs are trying to connect to it.
Or, more worryingly, if someone runs an accept-all MTA on their dynamicdns
connected box, and happens to get your IP address before your dyndns has
updated itself, or perhaps worse, they bounce your mail, and your customer
rings up asking why your mail isn't working.

If you want your mail to be flakey, that's your prerogative, but I don't
think that flakey mail increases "trackability". After all, large numbers
of people seem to use hotmail/yahoo.

MBM