Re: [Exim] Blacklisting dynamic IP ranges versus dyndns.org

Author: Alan J. Flavell
To: Kevin P. Fleming
CC: Exim users list
Subject: Re: [Exim] Blacklisting dynamic IP ranges versus dyndns.org
On Wed, 30 Oct 2002, Kevin P. Fleming wrote:

[...]
> This will keep those hosts from being looked up, but only if their
> reverse DNS resolves to the dyndns.org domain.

But that's the whole point: their _reverse_ DNS does not, and cannot,
resolve to the dyndns.org domain, see

http://support.dyndns.org/mydyndns/custom/faq.php#54

> This will not take into account the HELO data supplied,
> but I wouldn't want to rely on that anyway :-).

Well, if the HELO name which was supplied did not happen to resolve to
their current IP, neither would I. But I don't see any other way to
resolve the impasse.