[Exim] no string user variables assignable in filter file?

Author: Dan Jacobson
To: exim-users
Subject: [Exim] no string user variables assignable in filter file?
Is it true that the only variables assignable in a [exim 3] filter file are
n1... and all that can be assigned are numbers?

I mean, here a good use for a variable. But what if I wanted to use a
string?

add 600000 to n8
if
$message_size is above $n8
then
logwrite "$tod_log TOO $message_size BIG(>$n8) $header_from $header_subject"
fail "TOO BIG (>$n8) for our modem! Send a summary instead."
seen finish
endif

And how could it be one can only add? Hmm, trying to do "n5=0" would
then involve "add ($n5 * -1) to n5" (if that's legal).
--
http://jidanni.org/ Taiwan(04)25854780