[Exim] exim4: setting $home in a .forward-file

Author: Thomas Pircher
To: exim-users
Subject: [Exim] exim4: setting $home in a .forward-file
Hi,

We want to allow our virtual users to have a .forward file. But the
variable $home is expanded to the empty string, because I can't set the
"check_local_user" option for virtual users.

In exim3 I used the option "file_directory", but in exim4 it
disappeared, and "transport_home_directory" apparently doesn't work.

Has anybody a idea how can I manage to set $home?

Thanks for your consideration,
Thomas

### excerpts from /etc/exim/exim4.conf ###

virtual_userforward:
  driver = redirect
  # hard coded for test-purposes:
  transport_current_directory = \
       /usr/local/vdomains/${domain}/users/${local_part}
  transport_home_directory = \
       /usr/local/vdomains/${domain}/users/${local_part}
  file = ${lookup mysql{ SELECT home FROM users \
            WHERE id='${local_part}@${domain}' }}/.forward
  no_verify
  no_expn
  forbid_filter_existstest