Re: [Exim] Exim and Cyrus

Author: Jeff Green
To: Russell May
CC: exim-users
Subject: Re: [Exim] Exim and Cyrus
At 02:45 PM 10/29/02 , Nico Erfurth wrote:

>Russell May wrote:
>>Hi all. I am trying to get Exim and Cyrus to play nicely, but I can't
>>seem to them to talk.
>>
>>I am running Debian 3.0, Exim 3.35 and Cyrus 1.5.19
>>
>>I am trying to use the cyrdeliver command from the local_delivery
>>section e.g. command = "/usr/sbin/cyrdeliver <at this point, I am
>>lost>"
>>
>>I've looked through the archives and search Google, but nothing I try
>>is working.
>>
>>Thanks for any help or hints.
>
>Have you changed the transport from appendfile to pipe?
>
>But you should use a LMTP-transport for cyrus, IIRC this is the way
>cyrdeliver will deliver the mail to cyrus too.

LMTP is post cyrus 1.5, is it not? It's the current method, but not what
was used in this early version.

Here's what I had for Debian Woody, Cyrus 1.5.19, Exim 3.35:

(Transport)
local_delivery_cyrus:
     driver = pipe
     command = "/usr/sbin/cyrdeliver ${local_part}"
     user = cyrus
     group = mail
     return_output
     log_output
     prefix =
     suffix =

(Director)
local_user_cyrus:
     domains = !/etc/exim/virtualdomains (of course you can get rid of this
as it's probably not applicable)
     driver = smartuser
     suffix = .*
     suffix_optional = yes
     transport = local_delivery_cyrus

Jeffrey B. Green        Personal Computer Consultant - Las Vegas, Nevada
http://jbgreen.com        Networking Las Vegas Since 1986