[Exim] 4.x Build - DBM trouble

Author: Niels Dettenbach
To: exim-users
Subject: [Exim] 4.x Build - DBM trouble
Hi there!

tonight ive tried to update my exim 4.05 up to 4.10 on my RedHat 7.2 machine

On compilation I've got the following error:
---- snip ----
gcc -c -O exim_dbmbuild.c
gcc -o exim_dbmbuild exim_dbmbuild.o \
-lnsl -lcrypt -ldb
exim_dbmbuild.o: In function `main':
exim_dbmbuild.o(.text+0x2b9): undefined reference to `db_create'
collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
make[1]: *** [exim_dbmbuild] Fehler 1
make[1]: Verlassen des Verzeichnisses Verzeichnis
»/usr/local/src/exim-4.10/build-Linux-i386«
make: *** [go] Fehler 2
--- snap ---

A test build on my former 4.05 src, wich builds some weeks ago correctly,
results in the same error.

There is no difference between choosing "yes" or "no"
in Local/Makefile - LOOKUP_DBM=yes

Maybe that some of the dbs was updated on the RedHat machine last weeks, can
be there a relation in it?

Other list-articles i found only describes a "bug" or "change" in former 3.x
versions. Please dont flame me, im a little bit confused about the many
different db versions.

Have someone an idea how i can solve this problem?

Thanks in any case of help,

Niels Dettenbach

[ps:] Thank You Philip for the best Mailing-Software on globe ;)