RE: [Exim] Spammer Rejection

Author: Jeff Breitner
To: patrick, exim-users
Subject: RE: [Exim] Spammer Rejection
You should really consider upgrading, if only for the additional
features of spam fighting that you gain in the later releases.

I use Exim 4 to allow my users to configure their own access control
lists, and ban questionable mail sources that other might want to
receive. I also use a couple features in Exim 4 that allow me to track
the spam counts with Spamassassin, and readily identify IP addresses
that are actively spamming.

You can not begin to imagine how that reduced the load on my server.

Upgrade, it's worth it. The good news is that you can probably build up
an Exim 4 system while the other one continues functioning. Use (I
believe) the switch -oX # where # is a port number you want it to run
on.