Re: [Exim] Testing Configurations (was: test)

Author: Matthew Byng-Maddick
To: exim-users
Subject: Re: [Exim] Testing Configurations (was: test)
On Thu, Oct 24, 2002 at 10:45:53AM +0200, Michael Jakscht wrote:
> test

(Intelligence) Test Failed: Went to the list.

Anyway, on the subject of testing, reading some of the messages this
morning, I thought I'd point out that in general, testing complex
configurations, exim -d+all -bt doesn't necessarily give me what I
want to find out, and that I've generally had much more success in
doing:
exim -oX <portnum> -d+all -bd
and then doing the telnet/nc hostname portnum from various places. I've
found it to be more useful in picking up things that I have been
having trouble with than a straight address test. (problems I've often
encountered include perms problems and other such things)

Just my ${currency}0.02

MBM