Re: [Exim] My misunderstanding of DNS TRY_AGAIN.

Author: Tom Marazita
To: exim-users
CC: postmaster
Subject: Re: [Exim] My misunderstanding of DNS TRY_AGAIN.
Philip Hazel wrote:

> It should have logged something. Or was that really from a -bt run?

Sorry, I should have been more clear; it was from a -bt run.

> It will, if it actually has the message in its hand.

> ... so it never has the message. It must be testing the address as part
> of the incoming ACL.

> Are you sure of that? Anyway, the way to see what is happening is to run
> a test using -bh and feed it those SMTP commands. Add -d if you want
> full debugging output.

Well, as far as I understand ACLs, yes. However, you have provided me
with the direction I need to debug it further! As long as I know
it should ultimately do what I think it should be doing, I'm
pretty sure I can get to the bottom of it.

Thanks, as always!

Tom