著者: Richard Welty
To: exim-users
新しいトピック: single dot (was Re: Re[2]: [Exim] RedHat Linux 8.0 help)
題目: Re[2]: [Exim] RedHat Linux 8.0 help
On Tue, 22 Oct 2002 12:32:06 -0700 (PDT) "Jeremy C. Reed" <reed@???> wrote:

> > telnet localhost 25
> > helo localhost
> > mail from: <jeremyh@???>
> > rcpt to: <jeremyh@???>
> > data
> > Subject: a test
> >
> > hello
>
> This should be followed with a dot "." on a line by itself and then
> "quit".
>
> For some reason, my example ended at my period.

yes, because the interaction between your MUA and your MTA needs to be
tweaked. your MUA is sending the period by itself instead of doubling it,
and your MTA is assuming that if you wanted to send a period by itself,
you'd have doubled it. tweaking one or the other will fix the situation.
which approach is easiest varies from setup to setup.

i went through the same thing a couple of months ago with my setup (exim
as MTA, mahogany as MUA). there is a flag you can give exim on the command
line about periods, and i adjusted mahogany to provide exim with the command
line it needed to work right.

i ended up telling mahogany to call exim like this:

/path/to/exim -t -dropcr

which also handled excess end-of-line indications properly.

richard
--
Richard Welty
rwelty@???                                 Averill Park Networking