Re: [Exim] Aliases and headers

Author: Philip Hazel
To: Yann Golanski
CC: me&, exim-users
Subject: Re: [Exim] Aliases and headers
On Tue, 22 Oct 2002, Yann Golanski wrote:

> What you mean is that foo@domain get passed through an alias file and
> gets delivered to bar@domain. However, instead of seeing the header as
> going to foo@domain, you want it to read bar@domain.
>
> > I hope this clears what I want a bit
>
> If I understood you correctly then what you need is a set of rewrite
> rules. Again, plenty of examples in the docs.

However, since you want to do the rewriting _after_ the routing (in
order to pick up the aliases), what you want is a rewrite rule on the
final transport. But this will only do part of the job. It will be able
to rewrite the address to which you are actually delivering. If a
message has two such recipients, each one will see a different copy, in
which only their address has been rewritten.

Of course, you could use a global rewrite rule to rewrite everything
from an alias list when the message arrives. Maybe that would do what
you want?