Re: [Exim] [BUG] Exim 4.10 incorrectly issues EHLO after STA…

Author: Phil Brutsche
To: Matt Bernstein
CC: exim-users
Subject: Re: [Exim] [BUG] Exim 4.10 incorrectly issues EHLO after STARTTLS in LMTP session
Matt Bernstein wrote:
> On Oct 16 Phil Brutsche wrote:
>

>>Philip, please consider the following patch for Exim 4.11. It is also
>>available at http://tux.obix.com/~phil/lmtp-starttls.patch.
>

> or at http://www.dcs.qmul.ac.uk/~mb/exim-patches/tls-lhlo-fix.diff, good
> to know it's the right fix :)

:)

Nothing quite like having someone verify your work independently by coming
up with the same patch.

> Phil (B), can you have a look at my LMTP-over-a-unix-socket patch (at
> http://www.dcs.qmul.ac.uk/~mb/exim-patches/lmtp-socket.diff); I'm seeking
> peer-review to promote it from Works-For-Me status? (NB Cyrus won't offer
> or understand STARTTLS over a socket).

A cursory look tells me it'll work fine. I'm not an expert in socket
programming, or the Exim source for that matter, so I'll have to look at the
original and modified versions to know for sure.

--

Phil Brutsche
phil@???