Re: [Exim] Relaying / Sender

Author: Nico Erfurth
To: Julian Bartels
CC: exim-users@exim.org
Subject: Re: [Exim] Relaying / Sender
On Mon, 21 Oct 2002, Julian Bartels wrote:

> my table passwd has the field "email" (username like bartels@???)
> and
> clear (password clear / uncrypted)!
> I'm sorry, but I don't understand this syntax, could you help me please?

so it should look like this:
server_condition = ${lookup mysql {select 1 from passwd where \
email=$quote_mysql{$1} and clear=${quote_mysql:$2}}{yes}{no}}

If you still don't understand it, read the docs about expansions and
authenticators.

> As I understand $1,$2 etc. are the params user pwd? But what is $3??

Read the authenticator docs.

> >Add something like this at a good place to your rcpt_acl,
>
> I use courier, is this possible? (didn't find anything!) What other pop
> daemon could i use
> (it should work together with mysql / virtual domains and Maildir)?

For courier you could write your own auth-daemon (i'm sure there are some
available), or you write a logwatcher, the courier-logformat is easy to
read.

ciao