Re: [Exim] Rewriting problem

Author: Elimar Riesebieter
To: Exim-Users
Subject: Re: [Exim] Rewriting problem
On Sat, 19 Oct 2002 the mental interface of
Philip Hazel told:

> On Fri, 18 Oct 2002, Elimar Riesebieter wrote:
>
> > The rewriting rule is as follows:
> >
> > *@my.local.domain\
> > ${if eq {${lc:$sender_address_domain}}{foo\.bar}{true} fail}:\
> >         ${lookup{$1}lsearch{/etc/email-addresses.foo}\
> >         ${value}fail} frFs

> > A restart of exim puts the error
> >
> > unknown rewrite flag character (e) in line 459 (could be
> > missing quotes round replacement item)
>
> Well, that tells you exactly what is wrong. Try putting quotes round
> your replacement item. Hint 1: it contains white space. Hint 2: the
> first character after the first white space is 'e'.

Thank you. I've put all between the first $ and frFs in quotes. Exim
starts but all sent mails produces an "unroutable mail domain foo.bar"
error?

I want to use this, because i have more than one mail accounts. So I
want to make sure the headers From, return-path and Sender: are
equal to the From: ME <he@???> or only <he@???>.

Do I need a rewrite rule for that? Even if I am a trusted user of
exim and I send the mails with the -f parameter everything works
well. But spamassassin identify my mails with "FORGED_RCVD_TRAIL".
Not needed ;-)

Any more hints?

Ciao

Elimar