Re: [Exim] .forward files: documentation & suggestion

Góra strony
Autor: Philip Hazel
Dla: Alain Williams
CC: exim-users
Nowe tematy: [Exim] Forwarding mail with EXIM 3.3 on SUSE8
Temat: Re: [Exim] .forward files: documentation & suggestion
On Thu, 17 Oct 2002, Alain Williams wrote:

>   The documentation (filter.txt) says that the syntax is:
>    mail [to <address-list>]
>   but <address-list> is not defined.

Good point. Noted for next documentation update. Thanks.

> 2)
> I use .forward files to automatically process mail that arrives from
> trading partners (boring, but important, things like sales figures).
> If something goes wrong with the script the error text is sent back
> to the sender -- I would like it sent to me so that I can fix the
> problem.

You can set log_fail_output true and return_output false on the
transport, but that doesn't do exactly what you want.

There is also the return_path option for transports (perhaps it should
be called errors_to?). This should work for local transports, though I
have not tested it.

> 'deliver' has a 'errors_to' that allows this to be sent somewhere else, this is not possible
> iwth 'pipe'. I don't want this put in the system-wide exim configure file, I want it to be
> configurable by user. May I suggest the following syntax:
>
> pipe --errors_to prod_errors@localhost '/usr/local/bin/ProcessProdMail'

That is also a possiblity, though I do not like the "--" in your
suggested syntax because it is different to all other filter syntax.
Noted for the Wish List.