Re: [Exim] [patch] A few minor fixes/improvements.

Autor: Alexander V Alekseev
A: Nico Erfurth
CC: exim-users
Assumpte: Re: [Exim] [patch] A few minor fixes/improvements.
        Hello!

On Fri, 18 Oct 2002, Nico Erfurth wrote:

> > If I need unbalanced {}, I would use \} . But you advise to use
> > escapes when having balanced syntaxis, and unescaped {} when
> > unbalanced! Don't you think, it's wrong?
>
> I don't "advise" this, i told you what your patch will break!

    Every bug is usefull. It's very simple to invent example of
usefullness of any trouble.  But it will stay a bug.

> > I've read the code. I've read the documentation. The code doesn't
> > follow the documentation. I've patched the code.
>
> Doesn't seem so, does the docs say anything about balanced {}?
> I don't think so.
>
> Again, we are talking about exim's configuration-language, not about any
> real programming-language, exim is not a Compiler, but a MTA.

1. All examples in spec.txt have balanced {} .
2. There are no words about the possibility of unbalansed {}.
3. Can you exactly document exim's behaviour now? Especially, if lookup
requests return something with {} ? Or using lookup in conditional
expressions? I suppose, now exim's behaviour is completely unpredictable.
It's undocumented. It's a BUG.

        Bye. Alex.