著者: volker augustin
To: James P. Roberts, exim-users
題目: Re: [Exim] relaying problems - URGENT
hi,

>You need to look into SMTP AUTH. Google it, study the Exim docs,
>whatever it takes. The idea is to require a username/password (which
>can be encrypted with TLS if you like), before allowing ANYONE to relay
>through your machine. This is the only way I know of to setup remote
>mail users (other than direct dial-up customers) without becoming an
>open relay.

but what if someone want to send a mail to some of your accounts, using
e.g. a yahoo account or gmx?
i tried around with auth, but dont find any possibility to set it to
'smtp to non-localdomains only if authorized'

smtp auth is described in the docs , and working fine, but how to
prevent to send mails from unauthorized hosts to non-localhosts?

im fighting the same problem since some weeks...
i use courier, and there is no chance to do pop / imap before smtp
so i think i will try elliots script posted to the list , thanks! :)

somebody has any other ideas? or an idea to do such auth?

thanks in advance :)
volker