Re: [Exim] [patch] A few minor fixes/improvements.

Autor: Nico Erfurth
A: Alexander V Alekseev, exim-users
Assumpte: Re: [Exim] [patch] A few minor fixes/improvements.
Alexander V Alekseev wrote:
>         Hello!

>     Writing my own lookup type I found out several
> features, which don't help developing. So, I made a few
> small patches:

> 1. It's impossible to have '}' symbols in lookup keys.
> But, sometimes it's quite usefull. Please, consider a patch:

This patch is not THAT good, and not needed at all
you can use brackets, if you escape them, like this
${lookup {$local_part\}$domain} lsearch {/etc/exim/strangelist}}

Your patch could break things, see this example

${lookup {$local_part{$domain} lsearch {/etc/exim/strangelist}}

This will work with an unpatched exim, but NOT with your version, so if
you need the closing bracket, just use \} or, if you use a string that
should not be evaluated at all, you can enclose it with \N.

Before patching, read the sources a little bit more careful ;)
In fact, the escaping code is just 25 lines before your patched lines ;)

ciao