Re: [Exim] Recommendations on POP3 and WebMail Servers for u…

Author: Nico Erfurth
To: Jason Lixfeld
CC: exim-users
Subject: Re: [Exim] Recommendations on POP3 and WebMail Servers for use with Exim
Jason Lixfeld wrote:
> Greetings,
>
>     I'm wondering if those who are using exim have any
> recommendations on a good pop3 and webmail server to use in conjunction
> with it.  I have looked at Qpopper for pop3, but it doesn't support
> virtual domains.  I have looked at Xmail, but it looks a little too
> complicated for what I'm trying to do.  In a nutshell, I'm trying to
> come up with a mail system using exim as the MTA a popper of some sort
> and a webmail interface.  I'd like to make use mysql aswell, so the
> popper and webmail need to be able to speak to mysql aswell.

> Any feedback would be appreciated.

My own setup:

exim 4.10 (www.exim.org ;) )
Squirrelmail (http://www.squirrelmail.org/)
Courier Imap+Pop (http://www.inter7.com/courierimap/)
XAMS (www.xams.org) to manage everything
mysql (backend for everything)

I hacked up the default xams stuff (exim.config,courier-authenticator) a
little bit to support cdb-files, and i use a small handwritten script to
dump everything from MySQL to CDB from time to time.

ciao